Saturday, December 8, 2007

Good ride...

Having been sidelined last week with a head cold, I was riding the fence about riding my bike this morning. When the devil-cat woke me demanding to be fed at 6:30, I took this as a sign. A sign that we need to figure a way to sleep in! The electronic mercury said 45degrees, not too bad, maybe the guys wont mind the mucus running down my face!
Coach Simmet was in full effect, 5 minute pulls, last 1o seconds standing. Now Rick, pay attention... 123456789, 10! Rick got a math lesson, Dave got over his jet-lag (pulling at 26mph), Greg made the BIG mistake of telling us about a new girl. Steve went into his Hitler impersonation, then tried to get fresh with me! I think he liked my 10, Rick pay attention, 10 strokes of the crank.
Would this be a improvment over last week? Would I be dropped like a ____ at _____ ? The pace varied alot from 20-26mph. The sun came out and it warmed up nice. Felt good making several pulls at the front, then sucking a wheel until recovery kicked in. I must have done better with a 20.5mph average, .5 better than last week, and I didnt get dropped! Ready to do the Hickory route tomorrow.

No comments: