Sunday, January 4, 2009

Black Ice

Leaving the house at 6:50am its 36 deg. I notice the streets are wet from the rain the day before. The drive to Bikebeat is uneventful, and we roll out at 7:30. The streets are still wet, signaling this will be a sloppy ride. Rick, Dave, and I meet up with Steve "is my back wheel still on?" Simmet in the first few miles. Greg "the squirrel mamer" was not to be found. We round the corner at Elbow Road and Salem and my rear wheel spins out! "What the? That was ice!" I called out. Rick had slipped too. Thinking this was a fluke, we pedaled on. A few miles later, in a shady corner, I start slipping sideways! At the same time Rick is behind me sliding. The above pic shows a car that was not in the ditch the first time we passed this point. Very cautiously we made it back to the shop with out any falls.
Congratulations to Carlos and Anja! Oliver was born on December 22nd. What a cute kid! Obviously got his moms looks.

No comments: