Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Running sucks!

Whose bright idea was this? It has been a long time since I did any running, but I wanted to do some type of cross training. Sunday, Sheri and I headed for the gym. She goes all year long, but my membership gets neglected with good riding weather. Warming up on the cross-trainer for 10 minutes, I was ready to switch to the treadmill. What speed? for how long? I started with the pace at a 10 minute mile. The first 3 or 4 minutes were torture! After working through the shin splints and various little pains, I settled in. The Quads started hurting about 10 minutes in, so I slowed it to a walk for 5 minutes. Feeling better than expected, 10 more minutes at a 10 minute mile pace should hurt really good. When my form got sloppy, I slowed. I could hardly stand! The lungs and heart felt good, but the legs felt like rubber. We finished with some stretching and Abdominal workouts.
The next day, walking was a little difficult. A easy spin on the trainer for a hour watching "Death Proof" seemed to help. Funny how different muscles feel sore on different days. I think I finally walked normal today. Hopefully I'll be back on the treadmill tomorrow. I would like to pick up the pace some, but we will see.

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brian Kunz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brian Kunz said...

The only thing that sucks worse than running is getting spam in your comments. I see now that I can remove unsolicited crap, and will now moderate all comments.