Monday, June 30, 2008

Blood Sweat & Gears

The ride was awesome! Saturday started out about 60 degrees, eventually reaching a high of 80. To start a ride with 1200 of my closest friends was surreal. Traffic was stopped, the police were directing traffic, we took the lane! Carlos and I started way in the back, making moving up through the field fun. The first 5 miles were relatively flat and the field stayed bunched up. Soon we were climbing and everyone got strung out. Feeling good, I clicked up a few gears and started climbing faster. We passed ALOT of people. The climbs were not as painful as I had hoped, the downhills were the highlight of the day!

Yes you see that right! A max of 54.4 mph! What a blast! Some of early decents were long, straight, and open. The last was very twisty and the brakes got a good work out. Got stuck behind a car on the last few miles, wich slowed me down. Still finished 45th out of 457 riders doing the 50 miler! I'll take that. Next year we do the 100!

No comments: