Sunday, March 2, 2008

Sat. shop ride

So... how's that training going? Last weekends Crit. lit a fire, but the cold weather put it out. Now its smoldering with a 90% chance of flareup, but only a 35% chance of that. No better way to stoke the flames than to go to the shop ride and get my butt kicked. Usually Carlos will set me up with "I haven't been riding much lately", then proceed with the butt kicking. This time might be different, Carlos really hasn't been riding, Rick is getting over the Flu, and Greg is a nice guy right? (Even tho he dropped me on the Knotts Island Century) Who else might show?
James, Rick, and I start the ride at 7:30. 47 deg., sunny, with some wind. We pick up Greg and Carlos on the road shortly after. Its always nice to get a headwind on the way out, and a tailwind back in, but this would not be the case today. Was the wind picking up? or was I getting weaker? All day we seemed to either be in a headwind or some strong, draft breaking, side wind. There is no way to hide! Carlos dropped off a time or 2, and I was glad to wait up as I was barely hanging on. Hiding in the back helped some, until about 35 miles into the ride. Carlos had already dropped off for good and headed home, and Greg peeled off too. No legs to be found for the last 5 or so miles here! We pulled back into the shop and recovered. Better head home and get some work done so I can come back out tomorrow.

1 comment:

hellbelly said...

Yeah dude, we should both buy 'em later this year. I have a great idea for a custom color; "bruise purple" basically super dark purple with some black and blue undertones. How badass would that be and with black components Hellbelly say hell yes! I did 3 laps at NQ today and as dry as it was it was like a race track.