Sunday, March 23, 2008

Lots of riding... no posting

Has it been two weeks since I posted? A clear sign that the weather has been better, and the time changed. Between yard work and riding several times a week, its hard to find time to post. I'll try to do better.
We don't have hills around here, but we shure have wind! Those 40 mph gust kept me from riding a few days. Some rides were in 10-20mph "breezes". Good training so they say. How does the wind seam to always be in your face?
The Thursday night ride is still going strong at All About Bikes. Done on mountain or cyclocross bikes, this ride is mostly road, but has some off road. Mike Baker is always there, ready to go. Most of the other weekday rides start too early for me, I do have to work!
Yesterday was a 33 mile loop over the Pungo Ferry Bridge into the wind. This was a solo ride from my house. Todays ride left from Bikebeat and went to the bridge also. Even with 6 riders, the wind was stiff. Some tailwind was enjoyed the first half, but the second half of this 48 mile ride was all headwind. The good news is I was comfortable for almost 3 hours on the bike. Looking froward to more riding, and more posting... I promise.

No comments: