Sunday, February 17, 2008

Country roads...

Although the closest MTB trails are a hours drive away in Williamsburg, the best country roads are right outside my door.





On a typical 30 mile loop, 8-10 cars may pass me. Almost never do 2 cars meet from each direction. The roads are varied, sometimes winding, sometimes straight as a arrow for miles. Sometimes through thick woods, sometimes across wide open farm land, always peacefull. What a way to clear your mind, nobody around, the wind in your face.

The best climb in Chesapeake is the Pungo Ferry Bridge. 17 miles from my house, this makes for a good ride. 10 mph up the bridge and 35 mph down the other side! Feeling good? Do it again! Luckily on this 55 deg. day, I had a tailwind on the way back. Alot of the year, when the days are longer, I can do this ride after work. Today was a good 35 mile day.

No comments: