Saturday, February 2, 2008

Al Greene, U2, and Clutch

Has is been 2 weeks since I rode? Weather, work, and the "Flu" have conspired against me. Its not my fault now, not ever. A higher frequency of rides is on the way, I can feel it.

The wife went to the outlet shops in Nags Head today with some friends, leaving my schedule open. Hmmm... lets see... clean the gutters? Pick up all those pinecones? Paint the bedroom? Its going to be 50+ degrees today! Lets ride! Where to? Hmmm... again... Freedom Park for trail maintence and a ride with the EVMA. One hour on the road by myself, listening to U2's Joshua Tree. Cool hidden tracks at the end. I havent listened to this since high school.

Friday did bring rain in Chesapeake, but Williamsburg must have got hit hard! The trail was soft as we walked into the woods. Two small sections of trail needed to be rerouted. This was quickly done and the trail was drying up nicely, time to ride.
Grabbed the SS and hit the trail. Felt good at first, but soon developed a minor headache. This was strange, was it dehydration? Finished the old trail and headed to the new. The new trail was still too wet, so I aborted mission. Legs and head hurting I headed home.
Another hours ride with me, myself, and I. Listened to a cd I burned with some Al Greene, and Clutch. What a combination.

No comments: