Friday, October 17, 2008

Sherando part 3



Back at the truck, it was still early. What a beautiful day! Carlos graciously offers to shuttle us down the parkway. There is a small picinic/camping spot that has a short trail to the downhill. Could we find it? At the point that I think for sure we missed it, we spot the spot. Its not long before this singletrack runs us into a intersection about halfway down the long down hill trail we were on before. (Does anybody know the names of these trails?) This puts us right back on my favorite part. We whoop it up the rest of the way down. This the first "shuttle run" I have ever done. Still like the climbing part of mountain biking.


Carlos makes it back (with out getting a ticket) to the campground in my truck. We load up the bikes and head out. A very good day. Only 1 flat(Carlos), no falls, only one hornet attack(Dave), a little hiking, lots of rocks. All we needed was good food to finish off the day right!
Deciding to find a Cracker Barrel, we start the 4+ hour drive back. Unfortunately we drove 3 hours until we got to the one in Newport News. I was starving, and we were almost to the exit when my crew started a mutiny! What? Wendys? After some threatening I got them back on track, they thanked me for it later. The roast beast was good.
See you at the Tidewater Mountain Bike Challenge!


No comments: