Monday, April 21, 2008

Tour De Cure part one

What a perfect day for a bike ride! Thanks to all who donated money and time. Thanks to Greg for putting the Bikebeat team together. We had 14 riders do the 100 miles! I hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did.


The alarm clock, aka the devil cat, jumped on the bed right on time, Saturday morning, 6 o'clock. Everything goes smooth, and we arrive on schedule for breakfast at 7. Now, just to put on my official orange, 100 miler bracelet... left it home! This gets me breakfast, food and drink at the rest stops, lunch, and food at the end! Thankfully we only live 10 minutes from Hickory High school. I race back home and back to the school again. Just enough time to gobble some scrambled eggs and orange juice before the team picture.





I grab a apple and head to the start. (Notice the bracelet)





The Bikebeat team!
(Notice the bracelets)








Shortly after 8 a few hundred cyclist head out into the countryside, headed to Manteo.
With so many people starting at one time the pace was a snail like 14 mph for the first couple miles. Soon the crowd thinned and Greg led us 18-20mph. The first 30 miles or so wound about nice country back roads.





More to come...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Part one again??? I thought part one was last week. Why do you look so skinny in that first picture?