Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thursday night ride

Went to the Thursday night ride at All About Bikes not knowing how I would feel. I've only been back on the bike a few times since my concussion. The temperature by 7:30 ride time was 50 or so, good riding weather. Mike, Walt, and I were the minority on mountain bikes as usual. The other 8 or so had crossbikes. Its all good though, the cheater bikes make me faster. Saving my energy for the 4 lap torture to come, I hung out in the back for the most part. By the time we got to the loop, I was feeling good, so I decided to hang midpack. The pace line strung out single file and we were off! I looked down at my computer a few times to see 23mph. I was hanging in there! At the end of the second lap the pack had to screach to a halt for a car. When they took off I was promptly dropped. Oh well, finished my third lap alone, sucking wind. Did a good stand up lap, and I was ready to go home. Overall I felt good considering my lack of riding, ready to get back on the road bike this weekend.

No comments: