Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I'll miss you... RIP... or : It's just a bike.

Even all smashed and broken, laying there in tangled mess, your were still beautiful. I miss you already. I remember like it was 8 months ago how I picked out your every cable housing color, wheel color, and many other things to match your frame. Meticulously pouring over every option and combination of paint schemes until I was completely satisfied. Please always remember that I was truly satisfied when I was riding you or even gazing upon you. The ride quality was magnificent. I am glad to have many pictures of us together. This separation is not what I had envisioned for our future, it was not done on purpose. Only a moment of absent mindedness to ruin it all. You were no match for that Suburban, not a fair fight I know. You went down with the most horrible screech imaginable. I don't wish anyone to ever hear that sound. I have started the healing process, it gets easier every day. I'm glad you won't be around to see my new bike arrive, that wouldn't be right. Rest assured no matter how much I enjoy this bike, I will always remember the good times we had together. Then again... you are just a bike.

No comments: