Saturday, May 16, 2009

Rated ZZ

These guys rocked! They played almost all the hits, plus a few others. Their version of "Hey Joe" by Jimmy Hendricks was cool.




They seemed to have a good time the whole show.
Several different guitars.
We had a good time! Even though these guys are getting older they still sound good. Go see them if you get the chance.
Greg talked me into doing the Knotts Island Century the next day. I really have not been riding, so I wasn't ready for 100 miles, but we got it done. Do not like the route this year, and the rest stops could have been better. It rained some, but no torrential downpours. The last 20 miles were tuff. Thanks to the Tripower guys and girls that waited for me at the top of that last bridge. It was nice to draft back in, I was hurting!

1 comment:

MarkW said...

Yeah, the rest stops aren't the best, but after Tarwheel and Cap2Cap, I thought the route and conditions were a blast. Ride Tarwheel with us next year. The food they have at those stops is great. I really liked the sweet potato biscuits with Smithfield ham at the Edenton stop.