Sunday, May 18, 2008

Good riders dont make good bloggers...

and good bloggers don't make good riders!

What is this? no post for weeks, then 2 in one night? The combo of lazy and busy makes little time for updating a blog. Riding 4-5 times a week barely leaves enough time to cut the grass. Believe me, this is not complaining! I never thought I could ride 100+ miles a week. Now if I could just figure a way to not need a job... the whole "work for a living" thing gets in the way of more mileage.

May the 10th held lots of riding options. Planned on the Knots Island Century, but the weather was iffy. The Capital To Capital ride was the same day, same weather. So lets go do the Camp Hilbert mountain bike race! With lots of road riding, but no MTB racing under my belt this year, I thought I was ready to go. My lower back had other plans, and slowed me to a 14th place. PPHT! (sound made as tongue flaps between lips with a forced exhale) I passed lots of people the first lap, maintained the second, just to be passed back by those same people on the third. Rain had been falling the days before, and the trail showed it. Lots of mud, slick roots. Even being cautious I still went down once. Got to work out these back issues. Feels fine on the road bike, only a problem with sitting and riding over roots. So stand when riding roots! Okay! When is the next MTB race? One more Camp Hilbert this year, maybe it will be dry.

1 comment:

sam-eye-am said...

Get a full susser...that will solve your back problems!