Saturday, January 5, 2008

Now rigid...


After riding the Single Speed one time, the weak link was obvious ... me! The next thing was the fork. A heavy, entry level coil spring with no adjustments. What to do? Not ride the bike? Man-up, and ride it anyway? Buy a lighter fork? While all options for the regular guy, I never claimed to be regular. It seemed only right to stay with my low tech theme for this bike. Carlos installed a Surly rigid, CroMo fork for me. Hopefully the 2.5 tire on the front will give me some cushion! This puts this bike at 21lbs. That's lighter than my Carbonfiberthingybike. So what would be the smart thing to do? Well I never claimed to be smart either! My first ride will be tomorrow at York River. Might as well try it out on some roots and some good climbs.

No comments: